""" keywords'/> "" " Do You Need Artist Card? Authentic and Bogus | Check Here | Best Actor Academy-The Monster Of Free Acting Tips ""

Do You Need Artist Card? Authentic and Bogus | Check Here



Artist card issued by Roddey Film Productions, Mumbai
One of the Artist card issued. Is this good or bad?


Are You Among Thousands Of Struggling Fools To Get An Artist Card To Fulfill Your Dream To Be An actor?


Oh, so you want to be a Kamgar (Majdoor), A Laborer, or a Junior Artist or a Petty Worker in the cine industry on a fixed daily wage and want a union to protect you? Or you want to take this route to be a Bollywood actor and are willing to wait for 10 to 20 years?
Good! Go ahead and take an artist card!

But Do an Actor Really Need An Artist Card?


Personally, NO!
 Artist Card issued by supposedly only authentic 'CINTTA' is primarily for offering a protection to an artist's interest like payments, working hours etc. They usually cannot guarantee  any role or any kind of job. Or perhaps when a production house requires a large number of junior artists for a crowd scene, CINTAA or Chitapat Artists associations like that of 'Shin Sena' may supply them.
In all other cases, those who ask for an artist card, 90% are Fake, with an objective to make money from ignorant aspiring actors 

The other aspects of my logic behind being skeptical is as follows:

  1.  Artist card may be useful for junior artists, who is not professionally trained to play big and have NO ambitions to become a "Star" in the future. Either they have no speaking lines or may be one or two, only. They may or may not be well educated and are usually from a community of actors which require just a "job" and a "living" rather than to be a successful "actor" and a "Star" 
  2. The casting directors may not consider you for a role if you are a registered junior artist with an artist card due to an apprehension of your refusing to work overtime or in case of any dispute of payments or other issues, may go to the union for  Redressal of your complaints, and may create problem during a shoot.
  3. An educated aspiring actor, who is professionally trained, without union affiliation or with an artist card, therefore, may stand a better chance and may get a better role compared to a union artist card holder.
  4. Many industry people may not agree with my opinion as this could be a source of livelihood for many. My apology to them

However, this is NOT  a rule. There are examples of junior artists who climbed the ladder of success and have become a good actor.

The best is to decide what are your priorities and then act.

The thumb rule is any casting director, coordinator or a production house asking for an artist card to give you a role or a break in the film and ready to issue you an artist card with a payment is 100% Fake


However, as many of the visitors of this blog have requested me to provide information on Artist Card, I'm mentioning the details below with a warning in the above paragraph:

Artists' & Actors Unions in India who issues Artist Cards:



Caution


Though I have selected few with the best of my knowledge out of hundreds, you are advised to check the credentials, before you pay.
Especially, DON'T PAY anything if after applying online with the portfolio you get a mail confirming your selection without your audition and then if they ask you to pay Rs. 3000 or more. They may be fraudsters and cheats.





Required documents:


  • 5 Passport size Photographs
  • Copy of any one out of  PAN CARD, RATION CARD, PASS PORT, DRIVING LICENCE, RESIDENTIAL PROOF, VOTER I CARD etc.


Mumbai


1. CINTAA **

One of the main artists’ and actors' unions in India is the Federation of Western India Cine Employees. The FWICE is a film industry worker’s union based in Mumbai, India.

* However, their requirements for an artist registration are a bit tough, like experience in films and serials. Call them to find out the details or visit their website.
Contact
Address: 113, 1st Floor, Kartik Complex New Link Road, Andheri (W) 400053 Mumbai      
Phone: 91-22-26302552, 91-22-26730510, 26730511, 26730513
http://www.cintaa.net/home


I would recommend and prefer artist card issued by Strong Political Unions in Mumbai, which in my opinion, cannot be refused by any casting director/ production house, due to backlash by that union.


2 SHIV SENA CHTRAPAD SHAKHA

Fees: Rs. 2000 (However, check the current rate)
Contact:
G 9, Nootan Nagar Primises CHS,
Gurunanak Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai
Phone: 26557001; 26404712


3. MAHARASTRA NAVNIRMAN CHITRAPAT KARMCHARI SENA

Contact:
102, 1st Floor, Umesh Chambers, Telligali
Besides Chatwani Hall,
Andheri (East), Mumbai 400069
Phone: 65147999; 26848631
Fees: * About Rs. 5000 to Rs. 7000 (Check)

4. BJP KAMGAR MORCH CHITRAPAT UNION


Opened in 2014. The office is in Dadar (East) near Ranjeet Studio.
BJP office of in Dadar. Contact No. 24183290; 24183141; 24150462
Check with BJP Office, the address of Chitrapat Union.
BJP Website: www.mumbaibjp.org 


2. IFAA Delhi

IFAA Delhi is known in the film and entertainment industry.
They claim, the association is not interested in the larger profile, but in the best profile. The association profile is purely its member's profile and every member is directly or indirectly connected to its activities. IFAA is a leading voice for Indian culture. IFAA is a tireless advocate for Indian culture and the development of India’s audio visual industries. Our union and members lobby for regulation and government policies that protect our culture and encourage audio visual production in all genres, expanding work opportunities for Indian performers.
http://www.ifaaassociation.com/


Doubtful


Please Check. Conflicting reports!

3. Roddey Film Productions

D3/73, Four Bungalows, MHADA, Andheri (w), Mumbai - 400053
Phone: 022-26303215, Mobile: 9870432013 - 9022164200 (Email: roddeyfilm@gmail.com)
http://www.roddeyfilms.com/

Be Aware  of Bogus Artist Cards!


An Aspiring Actor's Unfortunate Experience:



"Anonymous22 June 2015 at 00:04
Sir I was offered a role in one tv serial by a person whose ad I saw on quicker. I sent my pics and vids via whatsapp and He said that now u send me your address proof and artist card. I sent him my combined artist association artist card but he said that the card is not valid as i have got a character role and I have to make a fcf card the cost of which is 3000 rs. Please tell me what should I do.
ReplyDelete


from: XYZ (name and details withdrawn on request)
to: kiran.aged@gmail.com
date: Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Dear Sir,
I posted a query on http://bestactoracademy.blogspot.in/2014/08/how-aspiring-actors-can-find-greedy-and.html  yesterday night as anonymous.
You asked me to send the copy of my artist card. I have attached the pics of my artist card. I transferred the money(rs 1,600) to the account of Bharat. S. Sadhwani on 2nd June 2015. I got the pics of the artist card that day itself on whatsapp but I have not received it via post although he is saying that he has sent the post. Please check whether the artist card is authentic or not.


Updated Post

Add to Flipboard Magazine.

26 comments:

  1. Thank you sir, this is very useful article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir Can You Please Tell Me That What Is The Difference Between All Of Them Union And Also I Want To Make An Assistant Director Card Which Should Be Better Please Tell Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your query is not clear. What's the difference "All of them union"?

      Delete
  3. Firstly Mr Kiran pande, please learn some ethics on how to answer someones question, yes of course there may be labor people who supplies tea even though they are educated, because cinema is their fantasy and life, they take each and every opportunity they get, so please don't talk like a illiterate, answer in a dignified manner if the answer is already there in ur previous post, just copy the content and paste it in the comment instead of giving waste answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deeply regret if any of my answers look unethical. Many a times due to paucity of time, I either ask to read my blog which has more than 200 posts or read some previous post. My objective is to help people through my long experience and I do this being awake till 2 in the morning, without expecting any return. I hope you are young and I thank you for correcting an old man of 75 who like any other may slip in ethics.
      I will spend more time, out of my balance years to reply in details and answer relevantly to questions.
      I apologies once again.
      Wishing you a Grand Success in life.

      Delete
  4. Excellent post. May be Shiv Sena Kamgar card is better
    Rita More
    ritamorelove@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear kiran Sir,
    Thank you for posting deatils.. Is really helpful..

    I am prashant age 30 pune
    Having 17-18drama experience..


    Well i am trying to my luck in film and television industry..
    So i have just few Question .. If i took Artict card and start of my carrier phase if i get small roles in industry, then after some years no one offer me big role? Bcoz i just took Artist card? If yes then what will be i do to get big roles ?

    If possible pls rply...

    Thanks

    Prashant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Go personally and start visiting the offices of casting directors. The names and addresses are in one of the posts from this blog
      2. Register yourself with 2 or 3 good artist coordinators and let them promote you
      3. Promote your profile on a website on internet, social media etc

      An artist card may not help you to get big roles as nobody good will ask you for an artist card for a big role in a big production house.

      Delete
  6. "Anonymous22 June 2015 at 00:04
    Sir I was offered a role in one tv serial'saroojni' on zee tv channel by a person whose ad I saw on quicker. I sent my pics and vids via whatsapp and He said that now u send me your address proof and artist card. I sent him my all docks xcpt artist card.aftr that us nay boola ki aap 3000 by axix bank say snd kro.us k dusray din hi manay 3000 rs usay snd kray .us din say lay kr aaj tak us nay apna phn off rakha hai .now tell me what should i do

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today... i waste my 8000 rs bcozz my fb friend say me give me 8000 n i send you your artist card and we provide 100 % role but i have never meet this guy befor but i trust n now i totally sad ..
    Usne fb p bhi kafi post dal rkhi h superstars k sath or ek post m to likh rkha h ki use shkti kapoor ke sath movie mili h jisme usko 80 lacks milenge but usi n muje dhoka diya or paise dalwa liye account m 8000 ab m kya kru can any buddy suggest me

    ReplyDelete
  8. is realy artist card is imp for seriels

    ReplyDelete
  9. HELLO SIR,

    MYSELF POOJA, I GOT A CALL FROM BALAJI ACTING CAREER, THEY FIRST ASKED MY INTEREST THEN MY SEND ME A WHTSAPP NO. TO SEND MY 8 PHOTOS. THEN AFTER 2 DAY I GOT CALL FROM SOME OTHER NO SAME GUY. HE SAID I GOT SELECTED FOR A SERIAL"EK DUJE KE LIYE" FOR SUPPORTING ROLE.THEN HE SAID THE SCHEDULE AND HOW MUCH PAY ILL GET AFTER AUDITION THEN HE SAID I HAVE TO MAKE ARTIST CARD FOR ENTERING FILM CITY WHERE I HAVE TO PAY SOME MONEY. SO KINDLY TELL ME IS THIS FAKE OR NOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fake and a fraud. No good production house will ask from an actor, an artist card.

      Delete
    2. Same thing happened to me just now! Basically I am mechanical engineer so I have accounts on recruitment sites maybe they got my number from those sites. I shared my pics as interest in modeling I got recall after couple of days they claimed you have shooting in Jan & u will be salaried 1.2lakh for 10 days lol! That was same Balaji acting career institute! That lady enlisted me to fill form online with them so that I won't make any mistakes & pay 3500₹ online. I got hint of some fraud/fake call so came online to Google about this thing & came across this post. Thanks a lot to save my time & money.

      Delete
  10. Sir .m from west Bengal. And I have to become an actor .. M trying to go Mumbai for Junie artist job.. Sir what is required for being junie artiest..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello sir this is Vinayak here , there is a guy whose name is John he said he is casting director for corsan film Belgium in India and on the basis of my directed shortfilms he said I've been selected directly foe the shoot or the lovers remix 3d which is going to be directed by Roland joffe next year in Madhya Pradesh for one month and 1week shoot in Queensland Australia and they will pay me 17000RS per day AND without any audition he said I got this role for supporting main character lead role he asked me to him PAN CARD , PASSPORT ,ADHAR CARD VOTER ID AND INTERNATIONAL ARTIST CARD so suggest me what should I do I hope to hear u soon..
    Thank u sir
    Vinayak

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. Sir artist card is important to get the role in movie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really appreciate your Post. the post has excellent tips which are useful. this post is good in regards of both knowledge as well as information Producing Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sir, I'm interested in acting career. So far I'm not attached with any kind of film industry.I saw quicker, and mailed a guy. In evening he WhatsApped me. Please look this message:- 🎥Urgent requirement🎥
    🎬Shooting start 25 July

    🎤Movie name- Sher khan
    Actor - Salman khan

    📢 Fresher Requirement Boy & Girl ------
    JuniorArtists 🔅Dancer,🔅Assistant Director ,🔅Spot Boy,🔅Assistant Camera Man ,🔅Helper Boy.

    💰PAYMENT depend on role 800 to 6000 per day
    If u interested for this work so u can apply for this.bring ur......

    1⃣1 I'd proof Xerox
    2⃣ Filmcity union card Xerox
    3⃣3 photos

    📞More information call me - 9987734998

    🕚Timing 11 am to 8 pm

    Note-- If u don't have
    Filmcity union card then apply for the card firstly. And get ur Film city union card 3000 only. and after that get work in film industry

    🎥Film city union card number
    📞Mob. 90763 10210
    Should I go for card? What should I do? Please give me direction.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sir,
    I saw an ad on quickr regarding the casting in tv serials on star plus channel. I messaged that guy and he asked me to send a few photographs to him on whatsapp. After seeing the pictures he has asked me to come to a certain adress on next saturday along with a 500 registration fee and an id proof copy. Is this fake?

    ReplyDelete

Top Acting-Social Site Inoreader Recommend This Blog

AddToAny