|Acting courses in Indian Universities|
Entry to this overcrowded profession is extremely difficult. There are usually no minimum educational qualifications for becoming an actor.
Admission to premier schools of drama and acting is open only to graduates with very few exceptions.
Can Training in These Schools Help in Getting Acting Jobs?
However, since acting is involved with so many acts of our society, a formal education in acting craft helps one to be better prepared for the auditions and other challenges of the profession.
Government run or approved Universities and colleges
1. Dr. Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad – 431 004. (Bachelor’s degree in Drama)
2. Faculty of Fine Art, Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata – 700 050 (BA and MA course in Drama)
3. University of Rajasthan, Gandhi Nagar, Jaipur – 302004. (PG Diploma and BFA in Dramatics)
4. Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur – 768019. (Master in performing arts-Drama)
5. Faculty of Performing Arts, M.S University of Baroda, Vadodara – 390002. (BPA in Dramatics)
6. Pondicherry University, Kalapet, Pondicherry – 605014. (MPA)
7. Bhartendu Natya Academy of Dramatic Arts (BNADA), Lucknow (Dip. In Acting)
Bhartendu Bhawan, Vikas Khand –1 Gomti Nagar Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226010
Phone: 0522 239 8466
8. Department of Fine Arts Punjabi University, Patiala
Pin -147002; Phone: 0175-304-6198
9. Andhra University, Waltair (Certificate course in Acting)
10. Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute, Kolkata
Details on acting courses could not be found by us.
Contact them: Phone: 033-24328355
Check on the website: http://srfti.ac.in/
11. Film & TV Institute of Tamil Nadu, Chennai – 600113
Certificate course in acting
Some reputed and recognized Private Institutions
2. Film and Television Institute of India, Law College Road, Pune – 411004.
3. Asian Academy of Film & Television, Marwah Studios Complex, FC-14/15, Film City, Sector – 16A, NOIDA – 201301.