These are few pearls of wisdom related to acting and actors based on my decades of personal experience as an actor, writer, filmmaker and on my life journey from a salesman to the top marketing head of a multi
So, what are the realities of an actor?
1. In my life, I was lucky to meet some good actors out of thousands. It's a challenge, writing about actors, especially a good actor, because you can't always tell when they're being honest and when they're pretending - that is, when they're acting. Whether in front of a camera or in real life, they are an epitome of excellence-author
2. In acting business world, every actor is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later
3. Being a successful actor is a business. If you don't drive your business, you will be driven out of business
4. Every day I get up and look through the list of the richest actors in Bollywood. If I'm not there, I go out and work harder.
5. A Casting Director a stupid person. She is your wife. Take care and do what she wants.
6. I rate enthusiasm and determination in an actor even above professional skill.
7. Like in any other business, if you don't sell yourself as an actor
8. Struggling actors! Sometimes you can have the smallest role in the smallest production and still have a big impact.
9. Make your life by creating a new life in front of a camera.
10. There are no regrets rejections and failures in actor's life. Just lessons.
12. To be a good human being isn't easy. Being an actor is even harder. I want to be both before I die.
13. A good actor is like a criminal, to be willing to break the rules to go for something new.
14. There are two main jobs in acting - the first one is to be a good actor, and the second one is to convince everyone that you're a good actor.
15. A good actor must never be in love with anyone but himself.
16. Mumbai is no place for good actors. The competition from bad actors is too great.